Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Pre-K Picture And The Letter E...

So, I realized yesterday that I failed to get Samuel's mug shot for his first official day of Pre-K. Oops! I love seeing back to school pictures, and I especially love seeing the comparison between each year. It's crazy how fast time goes and how much kids change with each year. So, even though we started last month, I decided that we still needed that official shot. It was clearly last minute, as I didn't even bother printing it out and just had him hold the iPad -- lazy, much? Nevertheless, we have it. Oh, and I also put the date we started even though I know that's also almost a month different than the picture. Oh well. It's really only for my own amusement anyways. I may still take him outside to do a nice picture, but at least I finally have a picture of him at this age…

Our big four year old, proud that he's in Pre-K…


Crazy the difference a year makes…


With that said, we're on to week 5 at MAE. This week's topic is the letter E. I've also decided to introduce a weekly Bible verse and the Pledge of Allegiance to the mix. Samuel also said he wanted to work with legos this week, so we've incorporated those into the mix as well with counting, colors, patterns, and with letter recognition. It's fun seeing him start to find creative ways to use various toys to learn his lessons. Before bed earlier tonight, he got his bucket of Hot Wheels out and asked if we could "do school." How could I turn him down when he wants to learn?! So, we worked on (very) basic addition and subtraction and sorting. I can only hope that he continues to find learning fun, as I'm sure he will when doing it in this fashion…

Here's Samuel yesterday morning (while still in pajamas) working on his letter recognition worksheets...


And for those using them, here are the letter E worksheets for this week... 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading