Friday, August 7, 2015

On This Day...

So, Facebook has started this option called, "On This Day." It allows you to look back at various years in the past. Most of the time, I absolutely love it! I get to look back at little baby Sam and even baby Caleb now that he's not so little anymore. However, I've been thinking about how in the months to come, I might not enjoy it as much, as it will remind me of the events in 2009. Sure enough, today was one of those days…

Apparently, on this day in 2009, I found out we were having a girl. I vividly remember the shock that came with that news. It took me awhile to grasp the fact that we were having a girl. We were so sure it was a boy and then to find out we were switching things out for pink -- I was super excited, but shocked to say the least! I remember anxiously waiting for James' phone call (from Afghanistan) to let him know the big news and then hearing the sound of shock/excitement when he responded. It was such a joyous day! Oh, how I wish we could go back to that moment -- such immense joy. Yet, now when I think of that day, it breaks my heart and slightly brings out the bitter spirit that comes with wishing Olivia was still here. So many mixed emotions arise when thinking about that time in our lives. It's hard to believe that was six years ago. We miss you, Livy...


1 comment:

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading