Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Very fitting...

So as I was catching up on Facebook earlier, I read something posted by a friend that was very fitting for us with what we're going through...She posted a portion of Psalm 55 on her status. Really, if I were to pull verses out from sections of that chapter, it would be identical to what we've been feeling/praying...

1 Listen to my prayer, O God.
Do not ignore my cry for help!
2 Please listen and answer me,
for I am overwhelmed by my troubles.
4 My heart pounds in my chest.
The terror of death assaults me.
5 Fear and trembling overwhelm me,
and I can’t stop shaking.
6 Oh, that I had wings like a dove;
then I would fly away and rest!
7 I would fly far away
to the quiet of the wilderness.
16 But I will call on God,
and the Lord will rescue me.
17 Morning, noon, and night
I cry out in my distress,
and the Lord hears my voice.
18 He ransoms me and keeps me safe
from the battle waged against me,
though many still oppose me.
19 God, who has ruled forever,
will hear me and humble them.
22 Give your burdens to the Lord,
and he will take care of you.
He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.
23b ...but I am trusting you to save me.

What a great psalm! It's amazing how you can always find comfort in the Bible. I know there have been times in the past where I'll just randomly open it and find exactly what I needed. God has a way with things like that, doesn't He?

Going back even before running across this chapter being posted on Facebook, a friend found me online that I haven't talked to in years -- probably 5 or more! She saw the picture of our family on the Yahoo Instant Messenger list and congratulated me on the new addition to our family (Olivia). Unfortunately, I had to tell her the sad news, and that the picture was not as it appeared. We were able to catch up for a bit, as we have both gone through trials over the past several years. She was very encouraging, but incredibly sad to hear what happened. We knew her just after the time around when we lost Jake, so for us to go through this all over again...well, it's just that much harder -- both for us and those that hear about it! It was great talking with her though, and it brought a glimpse of hope to our situation. While catching up, she explained the ways in which she was able to overcome the trials that she faced over the past several years. She reminded me of God's perfect timing, and that it's clearly not always in line with what we think it should be. That things will turn up, as they have for her...Here's hoping...

Little things like my conversation with an old friend, the verses being posted so that I could be reminded of that, etc...They are what define each day and get us through this. I'm grateful for that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading