Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A lunch date...

So to end this nice long weekend, we decided to hit up our favorite pizza place for lunch and go see Inception. Let me just say...that was a great movie! It was definitely a bit confusing and you're left wondering about the ending, but that just makes for interesting conversation later on. We both loved it, and we also loved a majority of the previews that they showed beforehand. It appears as though this year will be a much better year for Hollywood than last year. It seemed like a majority of the movies my friends and I went to see last fall sucked, but it looks like there are quite a few good ones coming soon...One of which kind of gave me an unexpected sick-to-my-stomach feeling. The new Wall Street sequel preview was aired, and it just so happens that Shia LaBeouf's character's name is Jacob Moore. Nice. It immediately made me think of our son, and James and I both looked at each other with a bit of sadness. Gotta love moments like that! Ugh.

Anyways...great movie, great lunch, and couldn't ask for better company. It's so nice having James home, and even better being able to go out and enjoy little things like our lunch date that we had today. The rest of the afternoon was spent trying to get the house back in order, organizing Army junk (half of our garage is still covered with Afghanistan gear), and slowly going through the pictures taken over the weekend. I'm sure there will be plenty posted over the next few days to this blog, but once again, I chose to get on here at a late hour and am really starting to feel like Oba when he's in the truck -- that whole, I'm trying to stay awake, but just can't do it state...


For Oba, once you hit this point, it's not long before you crash...


I suppose I should do the same...

1 comment:

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading