Monday, July 19, 2010

A nice detour...

Man. I am BEAT! Thanks to the Army giving our guys a 4 day weekend, we decided to get out of town and away from everything for a few days. Once James got off of work on Thursday, we packed our bags and headed south. It was a great trip, but I could probably sleep for days after being on the road and being in hotels -- couldn't get any sleep in those! I'm still loading all of the pictures we took, but after looking at the pictures loaded thus far, they're making me hungry!

Among the many stops while on our little Oregon/Northern California coast tour, we made sure to stop at the IN-N-OUT Burger in Redding, CA. I haven't been to one of those in close to a decade, and I wanted to see if it was as good as I remember it being. Yes...it was. I love that place! Yum. After we ate our lunch, James was ready to go back inside and grab a second meal -- that man never stops eating!

I love IN-N-OUT. I love that they use fresh ingredients without all of the preservatives/additives/other junk, that the menu is so simple, and that they even put Bible verses (if you've never noticed that before, look closely...they're there!) on the wrappers. Plus, going to IN-N-OUT brings back good memories of when my sister, Deb, and I would visit my sister, Jen, in San Diego throughout our high school years. Good times...It's a must whenever I'm in CA.

Of course, this particular IN-N-OUT stop provided a new memory of its own. While James was inside ordering our lunch, a cute little boy ran up to Oba and asked me if he could pet him. He had the biggest smile on his face and told his little brother (who was standing right next to him) that bassets are the greatest. He told me that he's always DREAMED of owning a basset hound, because he can sleep in the bed with you then when you wake up, you can pull his ear over your eyes to block the sun. Haha. So sweet. He couldn't get enough of Oba and just kept loving on him. Oba, of course, soaked up the ridiculous amount of attention that he received while we were there, so everyone was happy...both the little boy and Oba...After looking at the picture below (taken during our drive), I suppose his ears would be fairly good eye pillows...
Well, there's more to blog, but the bed is calling my name. Gute Nacht...bis Morgen!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. Vinnie got Friday off, and then right back to work after the weekend and his leave doesn't start until the 28th, nice, just in time for Hawaii. The Army sucks sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love how they give the guys 48 hours off before jumping right back in? :)

    ReplyDelete

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading