Thursday, July 29, 2010

Home Is Wherever I'm With You...

Well, here we are...3 more days until we drop Obadiah off at the kennel and we prepare to head out for our cruise. The poor basset doesn't know what's coming, but hopefully he'll have a decent time since he's a little social butterfly and loves being around other pups. We made sure he's staying in the "indoor suite," so he'll get to enjoy daily interaction with the daycare dogs. I guess he even gets nap time, ha. No, he's not spoiled -- nope, not at all...

So while Oba's making new friends (or singing the blues because we ditched him), we'll hopefully be enjoying a relaxing trip up north. In order to do so, I suppose we better get our parts in gear and start packing. We've gotten as far as getting the luggage down in the garage, but it has yet to make its way INTO the house. Maybe tomorrow will be more productive in that regard.

I know one thing...when the time comes that we do finally start packing, I'll be driving James nuts while humming this particular song that keeps getting stuck in my head -- "Home" by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros. Yeah, I love that song. I love everything about it -- the lyrics and the beat. It makes me think of James and all the places we've been and how no matter where we are, as long as we're together, we're home. Plus, in times of sadness, it's a little more upbeat than some songs, so it's easy to put you in a good mood. Lately, I've needed that. Maybe that's why it keeps getting stuck in my head and I find myself singing it. Oh well. I'm sure it's going to get old real quick, but until it does, sing with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading