Thursday, May 20, 2010

Such a lovely side effect...

So there are many things moms of angels deal with following the experience of having a stillborn child. One of which is "phantom fetal movement." It drives me insane when it happens. I mean, it's obviously a muscle spasm that I'm feeling, but the immediate response is thinking of Liv. It feels like it's her kicking away. Ugh. I would really love it if that would stop. I mean, we're going on 5 1/2 months now since she passed away. At least I know I'm not alone and I'm not making this craziness up. I recently had a conversation about this junk with another angel mom. It's just another one of those frustrating parts of the grieving process...

On a brighter note, I was surprisingly able to obtain the camera that I wanted much quicker than I had anticipated. Come to find out, the local AAFES had one (yes, just one) in stock, so I was able to cancel my online order and go pick it up immediately. Now on to actually learning how to use it! Obadiah gets to be the subject while I toy around with the different options as I learn the ins and outs.

Once the battery was fully charged, I had to try it out...



Not too bad for Auto Focus. After testing that out, I figured I should learn how to aim at different focal points. Obviously, I got the wrong one here. Oba has a VERY clear ear, ha.


Well, I suppose I've got something that will easily keep me occupied until James gets home. So much to learn with this gadget. Maybe I'll figure a fraction of it out by the time we head up north...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading