Saturday, May 29, 2010

Eventful week...

Looking back, I really didn't expect this week to be as full as it was, or go by as quickly as it did. I'm definitely not complaining though! We're edging closer to James' homecoming, so anything that can help speed up the time between now and then will be welcomed with open arms. With that being said, I'd be perfectly fine with a calm, relaxing weekend ahead. I failed to get any sleep this week, so I wouldn't mind catching up a little...assuming a certain basset hound is okay with that plan. He very well might whine in two hour increments like he has been known to do. We shall see...

Starting out, the only thing on my agenda for the week was to complete that HSG test at the hospital. It was the last thing our doctor ordered in the long line of tests to hopefully find answers behind all of our losses. It unfortunately required two trips to the base, as I had to go the day before to get a few medications (related to the HSG test) and blood work taken, then back the next day for the actual test. Luckily, the test came back fine. I figured it would. I'm definitely glad for that. As much as I want SOME kind of answer (!), I would be perfectly content with never experiencing this particular test again. It wasn't exactly a joyous event. Oh well. As the nurse said, that's one more thing we can knock off our list...

By the time that mess was over, I figured I had the rest of the week to veg out and maybe accomplish a few things around the house...maybe even explore that new camera. None of that ended up happening though. James and I got to talking more and more about our upcoming purchase of his truck and realized now is the time to buy it. We had originally planned on waiting until he was home. That way he could go in and pick out exactly what he wanted. However, I soon realized that their inventory is quickly shrinking so we better jump on it now. Because of that, we spent a couple late nights on the phone going through all of the options. We figured out exactly what James would want, including preferences ranked in order just in case they had some, but not others. After all of that was done, I went to the dealership and ended up spending a couple hours there going over all of James' requests with the salesman. By the end, there were only two trucks within 400 miles that fit his criteria. As it turned out, one of them was right there at our dealership. Upon finding that out, I went ahead and took it for a test drive. As uncomfortable as I am with driving a monster of a vehicle like that, I figured I'd better make sure it had the feel that we wanted. All went well, so after another night on the phone, James made his decision.

With the decision made, the money transferred to our checking, and the POA in hand, I went back this morning to make the final purchase. All went well and now here we are...a dent in the savings account and a new truck in the driveway. James is ecstatic to say the least! After 9 years of missing his old truck, he can't wait to get home and get behind the wheel of this new one. With the year we've had, I'm glad this has been able to bring a little excitement downrange!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading