Sunday, May 30, 2010

Back to church...

So after a relaxing day with Oba, I decided to head to our Saturday night church service. I haven't been back to our home church in months, so I figured it was about time. Plus, we had yet to tithe for the month of May, so that needed to be done as well. Knowing how rough my last visit was, I had hesitation about going tonight but went anyways. Sure enough, the first thing they announced after praise and worship was the fact that the youth minister and his wife had their second child a few days ago. I'm happy for them, but it's hard to sit there and hear the story and see the picture plastered on the screen. Being surrounded by newborns and preggos makes you feel so alone in this pain, even though I know there are unfortunately many other families going through this. So yeah, that was fun...

The sermon ended up being pretty good. There was one particular part that stood out to me. Our pastor said, "Nothing separates true believers from the crowd like suffering." In times of suffering, do you truck on and seek God or blow Him off and give up? It is definitely a continuous battle, that's for sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading