Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The weather matches my mood...

So it's been one of those mornings. You know, the gloomy, rainy, typical winter mornings in good 'ol Washington state. I typically don't mind them, but for some reason, today is different. Welcoming a wet dog back in the house after being let out just wasn't how I wanted to start my morning. I obviously didn't wake up on the right side of the bed. Got enough sleep (thanks, Obie), but still woke up pissed off. I want Liv back, and it sure would be fantastic to be done with this deployment. Luckily, I got to hear from James this morning, but still. He's stuck on some unknown FOB where they can't even get hot chow while waiting for the upcoming mission. Oh, the joys.

I know I have plenty to be happy about, but I'm not. We got notification that Liv's life insurance went through, so all of her funeral expenses will be covered. Plus we're closing on our Indy house this Friday!!!! That's right, as of FRIDAY, we will no longer have two house payments! That's worthy of celebration, right? Yet, here I sit, not even remotely close to being in the mood to celebrate. I know people say not to wish time away, but can we just skip to June? Maybe July? By July, the deployment should at least be over. Maybe by this time 6 months from now, James and I can be relaxing away on some cruise ship on our way to Alaska. At least, that's what we're thinking of doing during his block leave. It sure would be nice to just get away. Too bad bassets aren't allowed on cruise ships...

1 comment:

  1. "Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope COMPLETELY on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ."
    1 PETER 1:13

    ReplyDelete

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading