Sunday, February 7, 2010

Expect the worst, hope for the best...

That seems to be the running theme in our lives, especially with being in the military. Granted, when you carry that mindset, on the off chance that something good happens, it feels all that much better! Today was one of those days. It has been an interesting one as I'm running on barely any sleep. However, there are no complaints. I stayed up way too late as usual, and about an hour after I finally fell asleep, James got online. I have a special ringtone on my phone to let me know that James gets online, and out of habit, I jump right up to turn the laptop on. I may be dead tired, but I'll take any chance I get to talk to him while he's gone...especially right now. A couple weeks ago, he got word that he was going on some month long mission and we anticipated there would be no communication during that entire time. However, that hasn't exactly been the case, so it's been a nice surprise each time he calls or gets on instant message. We never know if the current phone call or instant message will be our last for awhile depending on what's going on downrange. I suppose I could just watch CNN if I wanted to know what's going on with this particular mission since they've decided to announce this one BEFORE it happens. Interesting strategy, I suppose. Here, James wasn't telling me much because of OPSEC, then we both found out it's plastered all over the internet. Nice! Way to keep our guys safe! It will be interesting to see if this genius plan is a success or causes more casualties than it's worth. Ugh. Oh well. In the meantime, I keep getting surprised with long conversations at odd hours, so glad for that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading