Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Uneventful day...

Well, today came and went fairly quickly. I don't think I accomplished anything...and by that, I mean absolutely nothing! No, wait...I did actually make dinner, rather than opt for the easy cereal route. Aside from that...nothing. Talk about pure laziness. After the day I had yesterday while running errands, I decided to just stay in pajamas and let the day pass. I had just about my fill of infant crossings than I'd care for in any given week, so today consisted of chatting with a few friends/family and watching movies -- oh, and snuggling up with the basset and showing him some love.

Speaking of the basset...The poor guy locked himself in the laundry room while I was catching up on Lost. Unfortunately, I didn't realize it for probably a good hour. I heard what I thought was him jumping up to counter surf, only to turn around and not see his head peaking up on the other side of the counter. Out of curiosity, I got up to look in the kitchen to see what that noise was exactly. I figured he was doing something mischievous in the kitchen. However, he was nowhere to be found. Then I noticed that the laundry room door was shut, which is generally not the case. Sure enough, that noise was him patiently (or not so patiently) waiting for me to save him from that wretched place. When I opened the door, he ran out of there as fast as he could and wouldn't leave my side. With as freaked out as he gets when I leave, I'm surprised I didn't hear him barking after 5 minutes of being alone in that dark room. Guess he wasn't in the mood to be overly dramatic tonight.

I suppose that was the most exciting aspect of our day here at the house. I realize now with it being past midnight that we have officially hit the 8 month mark! *Only* FOUR more months to go until this hell of a deployment is over. Thank God for that. I suppose as we get closer to the end, the more I can get serious about planning our Alaskan cruise. That's assuming the dates match up and we are able to do that during his block leave. The unit ended up charging 30 full days of leave from when James came home for Olivia, so we probably won't be able to take too much time off. We figured we'd go on the cruise and save whatever leave he has left for later use. I'm still holding out hope that he can get a day or two credited back, since he wasn't even gone a full 30 days. I think it's a load of crap that they even charged all that leave due to the reason behind why he came home. Oh well. That's the Army for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment