Monday, February 22, 2010

Those sweet sweet boys...

So while talking with an old friend earlier today, I got to thinking about my sweet nephews and how they've handled the loss of their cousin. I still laugh over the situation with Benny (age 8) going to the school counselor because he was sad that his cousin died. The fact that he went wasn't funny, nor was the fact that he was sad, but the response that he got was somewhat comical. Minutes after going to the counselor, he was sent back to class being told that he was fine. What a fantastic counselor. A kid comes to you because they've lost a loved one and is sad about it, and you send him away without hesitation. Nice. Then there's sweet little Alex Bug (age 6) and his sad moments during prayer time before bed. When being told that Livy's in heaven, he was quick to disagree and say that she was in the ground and that he wanted to dig her up and bring her back to life. If only that were possible, Bugs. Then, of course, cute Joshie (age 3) has been talking about how Olivia's with the angels. My sister isn't quite sure where he came up with that one since they never really talked about angels. The only thing she could come up with is that he's probably talking to other people about baby Olivia. Those sweet boys. I just want to give them a big hug.

Among the nephews (and niece), Ben was the only one to attend Liv's funeral. We had him read a verse during the service, so he played a major role. After Nate sang his song, Ben got up there like a little gentleman and read the verse that we had chosen. I remember seeing him before the service and him coming up to me to give me a hug, whispering "I'm sorry" in my ear. Later, I found out he had specifically chosen his cute little pink tie for his baby cousin. Such a big heart, that kid has...

Man, thinking about the funeral makes me realize we still haven't finalized the headstone. I keep putting it off. It's the absolute last thing that we have to deal with, and I just don't want to. We've pretty much figured out what we want, but I haven't taken the time to call and get it taken care. Due to the fact that they can't really do anything until the spring anyways, I guess I'm just not motivated. There have been family visiting the grave pretty much every week (if not multiple times a week) and occasionally they'll send me pictures so we know what's going on. It definitely looks peaceful with all of the snow Indy has gotten lately...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading