Monday, January 25, 2010

5 Months...

Well, today marks 7 months into the deployment, so only 5 months to go! I wish we had less. I sure hope the next 5 months fly by, as James and I are both just about done with this deployment. After all that's happened, we're not exactly looking forward to the rest of this deployment and the separation that comes with it. I jokingly told James I wish he was going to be part of the ADVON party, and he said he wishes he could be on the TORCH party...or better yet the ADVON to the TORCH party. HA! That'd be great. I suppose that doesn't make much sense to the civilians out there, but either way, we wish he'd be one of the first to come home. June/July can't come soon enough.

Along with it being the 7 month mark, today was also the AFC Championship game. Luckily, our Colts kicked some butt when it was all said and done. They are now on their way to the Super Bowl! I made sure to have the game on, but still got antsy, so I decided to start packing up Liv's stuff in the nursery. I had been putting that off, and didn't want to do it. However, it had to be done at some point. It definitely sucked having to go through everything again, knowing that she wasn't going to be able to use any of it, but oh well. It was only going to sit there collecting dust until I got to it. Hopefully we'll have a need for it all at some point in the future. Hopefully...

On another note, the quilt that Cara and I started is slowly coming together. This is what has been done so far...



I guess Oba doesn't care too much for it though. After I was done working on it for the evening, I went to go look for Oba and he had gone upstairs to his bed. Either he doesn't like David Crowder's new CD or the sound of the sewing machine, because he would usually be right beside me. However, he sure wasn't that night...

2 comments:

  1. i'm so proud of you. for so many reasons. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm proud too -- nice work! this will be beautiful, and i'm sure, therapeutic. it was so good to have you here with us. please come again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading