Monday, February 8, 2016

Homeschooling And The Letter Q...

So, I suppose I should just resign to the fact that I'm getting bad at getting on here again. I was doing alright there for a little while when the school year first started, then things got busy and I fell back into the habit of not getting on here. I keep thinking of all the things I'd like to get on here and talk about -- especially since I'd love to document things about the boys -- but I always end up choosing sleep over staying up to get on here. Sad, sad, sad.

Nonetheless, I'm here for a quick minute. If any fellow homeschoolers are reading, I have a question...

I've started browsing curriculum for kindergarten and can't decide what I want to do. What do you use? What do you love/hate? For Pre-K, I started off strong with Easy Peasy while mixing my own things in here in there. Then, we kind of dropped that because I didn't feel like it was enough and Samuel was bored. I started making my own day to day lessons, and it has been going well. However, I haven't really stressed about it since it is JUST Pre-K. We find fun ways to work on the usual -- letters, numbers, shapes, colors -- as well as add in experiments when I remember. I think Samuel would love it if we did an experiment every. single. day! Ha. He LOVES them! In fact, ever since we did the vinegar/baking soda experiment, he has asked if we can do it again. I might just have to go buy a few gallons just so we can continue the fun.

Speaking of which, here's Samuel during our latest experiment. He LOVES them!


Anyways. Back to curriculum. So, I know kindergarten is still much of the same of what I'm covering now, but being that it's a bit more official, I want to get an actual curriculum to follow. Any thoughts? I just picked up Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons at the library and now that we've done a few lessons, I think I may go ahead and buy it. I like the layout. Not to mention it actually makes him work on his speech while we're at it!!! Other than that, I'm totally undecided...

With that said, I want to give a huge thanks to those of you who use my Paw Patrol worksheets for having such patience! Between the holidays and unexpected additions to our schedule since the new year started, I've been seriously slacking at even getting to the computer. With making my own lesson plans for Pre-K, I grabbed some awesome worksheets that we've been using for writing from the Dollar Tree, so I've been slacking even more. I decided to mix things up a bit since these have both writing and cutting/gluing involved. I hope to get the rest of the alphabet done over the next month or two, though. I hope!!!

For now, here are the letter Q worksheets...





And for those interested in checking out Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons, here's the link...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading