Friday, October 16, 2015

Fun Times With Numbers And The Letter L...

So after having a chaotic morning with Mr. Caleb (I adore that boy, but he definitely keeps me on my toes!), I decided to scratch our previous plans and go meet James for lunch. Afterwards, Samuel asked if we could go to the toy store before running our errands. How could I say no?! Unlike my usual willpower to not walk out with anything, I gave in today. I found an awesome "toy" that is similar to something I was already considering for our homeschool. So instead of the fun Hot Wheels toys that Samuel wanted, I let him "buy" this educational toy. Regardless, he was super excited! He is such an appreciative kid. You could give him new socks and he'd excitedly yell, "Oh!!! Thanks, Mom!!!!" And actually mean it. In fact, he did just that a couple weeks ago when I grabbed a new set of socks for him. Ha! He gets so excited and is genuinely thankful for anything that comes his way -- boring or not.

So anyways...after purchasing it, he talked about it all the way home. Even while at Target later, he asked when he was going to get to open it, ha! Sure enough, before I could even finish unloading the car, he opened it and got to work. He was still going strong after 45 minutes. Before bed, he asked if we could play with it again. He claimed that he needed to do his numbers, ha! I absolutely love that he enjoys learning!

Here he is -- so focused that he didn't hear me when I told him I was going to snap a shot of him working...


I highly recommend checking Learning Resources Number Constructionout. I think we're going to get lots out of use out of it between both our boys…


And for those using the Paw Patrol worksheets, it's a little late in the week, but here is the letter L…





No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading