Wednesday, October 28, 2015

A Sad Day For My Mac...

So, it looks like my hard drive is giving up. If anyone has been looking for last week's Paw Patrol worksheets, that's why. For about a week now, I've been having issues with this 4 year old iMac and it looks like I might have to replace the hard drive -- makes me so sad! If so, it may be even longer before I create more work sheets since I've have to replace Photoshop and I have no idea what my serial number is to switch it out. Good times.

In the meantime, I have to say, Samuel is proving to pick up much more than I think when it comes to what I try to teach him each day. I'm sure I've said that before, but it's reassuring to see him show off his knowledge. Just when I think he's not paying attention, he surprises me! Sam showed his Opa all sorts of things during his visit that I didn't know he had retained -- writing letters and numbers without any help, telling him different facts, etc. I felt like one of those meme's that describes a teacher being emotional while being proud of her student, ha!

If you want a good laugh, though, you can see what we were up to last week. As part of Samuel's speech class, he receives a game/toy and book each month that is supposed to help with fine motor skills (directly linked with speech). One of my sisters and I have been joking about knocking out our retirement fund by reviewing toys on YouTube since our kids love watching those -- I still think it's odd how long Sam could sit and watch grown adults review kids toys, but hey, they're sitting on a goldmine with the kind of money they're bringing it so I can't blame them! Anyways. So I brought the camera out when Sam started playing with his recent gift from class. Play-doh is such a great tool to use with preschool activities. I'll have him form letters, shapes, numbers, etc. Plus, I think we'll finally be making a volcano tomorrow with some of the homemade play-doh we have. I've been wanting to ever since Sam watched a Bill Nye episode on volcanoes, but now that I finally restocked our vinegar supply, we can actually do it!

So yeah, have a good laugh...or fall asleep...we're not that exciting, ha.


Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things with the PP worksheets soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment