Thursday, October 18, 2012

October 15th...

As those in the baby loss community are very familiar with...October 15th is the National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. It's a day to honor and remember those lost through miscarriage, stillbirth, and infant loss. As I'm sure it is for others as well, this day means a lot to me. I mean, I think about my three angels every second of every day, but on this day (and others like it -- Day of Hope, etc.), I feel like we are able to remind society that this is real and it happens and that we should honor and remember them -- as we ask that they join us in doing so. I feel like over the years, days like this have become more talked about. People are more aware as each year passes. It has become more accepted, and I'm glad for that. In fact, this year in particular, I've noticed a few people come out and talk about their losses that never did before. I'm glad that we have days like this...

And even better? Several of my family members participated in the Wave of Light with me. There are times when I feel like our three sort of get forgotten or excluded from things by some (definitely not all!) of our family, but I was reminded that such thinking is absolute nonsense. It means the world to us when people go out of their way to mention any one of our 3 angels, and to get texts of pictures and comments about how they're thinking about them...I can't describe how much we appreciate it...

In honor of...
Jacob Tyler Moore
Jordan Skye Moore
and
Olivia Hayden Moore

Three candles for three angels...


Grandma Julie's candle...


Oma Carmen's candle at Olivia's grave...


And Aunt Rachelle's candles for our 3 -- I love that many of our nephews and niece joined in!


Lastly, if you're reading this, Carmen, we loved the video! When you said, "It's 7 o'clock somewhere..." it brought a good laugh. Love it. Thank you for taking the time to send it to us!


Thank you to everyone that took the time to light a candle or simply tell a momma that you're thinking about their angel on the 15th. On this day (or any day for that matter), it never goes unnoticed or unappreciated. In fact, I guarantee it made their day knowing someone was thinking about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading