Thursday, November 10, 2011

Someone's Missing...

An interesting comment was made the other day that got me thinking...

While on the phone with my sister, we were talking about how whenever we're all together, it always seems like there's STILL someone missing. Considering the fact that I have four sisters and that we're rarely together all at once, when it does happen, we catch ourselves still looking around to see who's missing. Why do we feel that way? Well, my sister mentioned that she wonders if it's because of how my mom had a miscarriage and that there would be six of us had that baby made it...

That's something that we've never really talked about, considered, or even mentioned before. However, the thought of it during our conservation made me pause and think about how different things could have been. How maybe that is why we feel that way at times when we're all together.

Will Samuel feel that way later in life? Sure, he'll know about his older siblings. He'll visit Olivia's grave. We hope/plan to take him to Wuerzburg, GE at some point so that he can see where we were when we had his brother, Jacob. I'm sure he'll see plenty of WA since we plan to retire there (where we lost Jordan). He will know about his siblings and read books like, "Someone Came Before You." But outside of our acknowledgement, I wonder if he will still feel something missing in the family that he can't explain...

Here I was going to post a picture of the last time my sisters and I were actually in the same place at the same time, but now that I think of it, the last time that happened was at Olivia's funeral (Dec. 22, 2009). Sadly, we didn't take a single picture on that visit. (Boy, how I regret that!) Well, the time before that was at my sister's wedding in Jan. 2009...

My sisters along with Deb's sister-in-law, Laura...
(from left to right in the back: Laura, Rachelle, Jen, me, Sarah)

3 comments:

  1. Look at your gorgeous ladies - and I LOVE her wedding dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow I've never thought about that.

    By the way, that is a beautiful picture of you all!

    ReplyDelete

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading