Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Our Angels Are Never Far From Our Thoughts...

So with slowly adjusting to this new iMac (anyone want to give me a tutorial of how to transition from a PC?!?!) and finally organizing the office a bit, I'm just now sitting down to blog about this...

Over the weekend, we took an unexpected trip to a cute little small town fair up north. We figured it might be a fun way to spend our Saturday afternoon. Plus, it gave us an excuse to explore a new area. While it was SMALL, it was fun and who can say no to a funnel cake? There's just something about fair food...can't resist it! Of course, Sam only had the pleasure of watching us. Before long, he was out...


Since we were blessed with a very easygoing little boy, we decided to make a detour on our way home and stopped at Callaway Gardens. With it being free for military personnel, we couldn't resist. Plus, a fellow baby loss mama told me about the butterfly conservatory that they had so I wanted to check it out. For those of us in the baby loss community, butterflies have become a great sense of comfort. The butterfly symbolizes hope and I can't help but think of our three angels when I see one (or many). So, as you may assume, we spent a great deal of time in the conservatory and really enjoyed it...


The blue morpho butterflies looked fairly plain on the outside...


But once they opened up, they were absolutely gorgeous...


I loved that they would come right up to you...


While I was a bit too late on catching this one, we liked how his shadow turned out...


As we were leaving, we noticed this little guy. He was the only one we saw of this particular species...


Then on our way home, we decided to stop at a lookout point (I think it overlooks the FDR State Park?). As I was looking out, James pointed this little guy out...


It was definitely a nice way to spend our afternoon -- enjoying our little man while remembering our three angels...

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you guys got to visit Callaway Gardens! The butterfly exhibit is amazing. I used to drive to the lookout point/pine mountain area a lot when we first lost Matthew. It's beautiful, and during the summertime, it's loaded with dragonflies. It always made me feel better. Sounds like you guys had a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day, gorgeous pictures!! If you have any mac questions, we have two! They are great but just take some getting used to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures of the butterflies! Every time I see one, I say hello to Drew and his friends. I don't think I will ever be able to look at a butterfly as I once did. I hope you are getting used to the Mac. I still can't get used to Josh's, and it is several years old!

    ReplyDelete

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading