Friday, September 2, 2011

12 Weeks...

Where has time gone?!?! Better yet, where have I been?! I feel like I've been away for far too long. Things have for sure been hectic (but good) around here. James decided to take more leave, so we skipped town again and spent a few days in New Orleans...during which, Samuel turned 12 weeks! I think with James' class starting soon, life will finally calm down a little in the days/weeks to come. While I've enjoyed all the travel, it will be nice to finally catch up on things, send out some thank-you notes, and enjoy watching our little man grow. It's crazy to think our little travelin' man has been to 13 states just in the month of August -- I suppose it's finally time to slow down!

While I'd love to talk about our wonderful trip to New Orleans, that will have to come at another time. Before we completely slow down, we're going to spend the day in Atlanta and go visit Dr. Gomez (my peri) here in a few. He's the last on my list of those I need a picture of with our rainbow. So before we head out, I figured I'd at least try and document where Samuel is at 12 weeks...

While it's an obvious thing to say, I still can't get over how fast he's growing. Just last week, we were talking about how much he scoots around, rolls around, and just plan moves while in bed. Is he going to take after his daddy and lack the ability to sit still? Ha. It's really sweet when we let him in bed with us...he always gravitates towards us in one way or another. He'll scoot his head next to ours, or rest his hand on us, etc. Just the quick touch will calm him and keep him from waking up if he starts to get agitated. It's sweet to watch...

Samuel has also been rockin' it in the Bumbo seat over the last week. He only has patience to sit in it for about 10 minute, but still. After 10 minutes, he lets us know that he is DONE being so confined. Almost all of the pictures that I've taken of him on the Bumbo seat are of one unhappy little boy -- simply because I don't think to get the camera until close to when he is totally over the experience.

(note: that necklace is a natural teething remedy -- we'll see if it helps!)


The other sweet note about Sam at this age is that he has started to grin so much at us while we play. In fact, there have been a few times where he'll let out a slight giggle -- talk about melting your heart! While he's leaning up on a pillow, he and I will celebrate...I'll lift up his hands, gasp for air, say with excitement, "Yayyyyy!" and clap his hands...the boy LOVES it! He gets so incredibly excited! It's too bad I don't have a third arm to get it on video. It tends to happen when the hubs is not around so there's no proof of such fun. It can definitely turn a gloomy day bright for sure! (Which helps on those days when the pain of missing our 3 is more intense...)

So on that note, here are a few pics of Samuel...

At 11 weeks...


At 12 weeks...


He's getting so big!


A boy and his dog...


Lastly, a preview to our time in New Orleans...

4 comments:

  1. Wow, he is getting so big! I love seeing all these pictures of him. He sounds so incredibly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a big boy! And so well-traveled! Here I am nervous to take Genevieve on a two hour road trip this weekend. :-) That first picture of Sam melts my heart. He is such a beautiful blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for 12 weeks! :) He really is growing so fast. Love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading