Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Rest Of Our Trip...

So to close up our time in Indy...

After the Celebration Shower for Samuel, we spent the rest of our time catching up with friends and family, enjoying a date night which included a movie and a dinner out in honor of our anniversary and Jake's upcoming birthday/angelversary, a trip to IU (our alma mater), and a few visits to see our baby girl, Olivia. It went WAY too fast and -- minus the speeding ticket James got on the way home from IU -- it went really well! I suppose rather than talking further about it, I'll just describe it through pictures -- no surprise there, right?

After a long day of being passed around (at the party), a warm bath and some pj's will make any babe pass out. I don't remember why he was put in the car seat, but he found his usual comfy position and passed out, so I left him there for a little while...


Don't you love friendships that allow you to (sometimes) go years without seeing each other, yet you can just pick right back up like you saw each other yesterday?!?! (I know, such a lovely background...)


We were so thankful for friends that were able to come in from out of town to see us! Our friends, Jackie and Mike, couldn't make it for the shower, so we made plans for the day after...


Worn out after a morning at church...
(he made sure to dress appropriately with his tie onesie)


Just like his dad, his grandpa can bring a smile...


Obadiah made sure to be included in the fun...


I wonder what that conversation was about...


Four generations...



If only babies could talk -- it sure looks like Sam is...


We were glad he was able to have some quality time with Grandma Toots and Grandma Betty...



Even Oba posed for the pic...


Since we knew we wouldn't be stressed by leaving Samuel with family, we took this as the perfect opportunity to go on a date. Sept. 4th marks 8 years since we said goodbye to our first son, Jacob Tyler, so even though it was a bit early, we honored his day while we were out. He was thought about and talked about lots during our time at Morton's. We love you, Jake!


I swear...Grandma Julie is the baby whisperer...


A couple of proud grandparents...


A bath is a whole different experience when Grandma Julie is involved. Sam was in HEAVEN...



Oh, how I miss IU! If James ever gets stuck doing a job with ROTC, I would LOVE to move back there!



I would just have to limit how many times I go to The Trojan Horse -- one of our favorites from back in the day. Their baklava a la mode rocks...


After our visit to IU, we visited with our friend's parents who we haven't seen in a long time -- it was great to see them! Not to mention their pup who happens to have the highest pitched bark I've ever heard. Love her...


Sam won Matt over. After hanging out a few times, he said Sam makes him want to have a kid, ha...



I'm sure his parents would LOVE that! They kept jokingly asking when he and his wife were going to make them grandparents, ha...


On a different note, during one of our visits to see Livy's grave, we took a few pictures...



A very fitting emotion while visiting his big sister...



Always getting some love...


In the midst of sadness, I'm so glad we were able to have Samuel there with us...




We love you, Olivia!!!


Ending our trip on a good note, we spent the night with my sister, bro-in-law and horse...I mean, mastiff...


Being used to my (little) basset, I can't get over how massive Bo is!


He's such a sweet boy, though...


While that may be the case, Oba was quite intimidated by him this time around and tried to find ways to hide/get away...


At last, Deb let him have the couch...


So Oba sat and watched as James and Bo played. Tug-of-war with a 200lb dog -- talk about a workout!


I love seeing pictures of these two -- especially with that smile...


Granted, he gave a much different look here, haha...


Glad he's not always that way with Aunt Deb...


After a fun night with my sis and her little family, we headed back to GA. It was a great trip -- probably the best we've had in YEARS since we were able to bring our little guy along with us this time around. Now back to normal life...

I'm loving this new normal...

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all the pictures! I need to get a camera and learn to take pictures. Yours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looove sam's expressions!! what a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! I'm so glad you guys had a fun trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful pictures! I especially love the multi-generational ones. Oba is adorable as always (that couch picture is hilarious)! Your pictures of IU made me a little jealous! ;-) I am glad that you were able to have Jacob’s memorial dinner at Morton’s. <3 And Livy’s grave site is always bittersweet to see. Sweet Olivia <3 I am so glad you had such a special time in Indiana. Samuel just gets cuter and cuter. His bath time expressions make him look like he is experiencing bliss. SO SO wonderful <3 You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh again those pictures of James' dad with Sam - just so precious! And that dog is HUGE. Huge and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sam looks so cute in these pics, he is getting so BIG! Glad you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious pictures of precious family. I am so happy that Sam is in your arms every day. God heard your cries and answered your prayers. PTL! Hugs to you 3.

    ReplyDelete

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading