Wednesday, August 3, 2011

8 Weeks...

What a busy start to our week! I can't believe it's already Wednesday night -- craziness! The sickness seems to have gone away and in its place has been a load of errands to run. With our trip home next week, I don't feel like things will be slowing down anytime soon -- gosh, I have yet to even begin thinking about what we need to pack for the trip...

Well, anyways. The reason I got on here is because our little man is now 8 weeks old. He's definitely picking up weight, gaining more neck strength, and becoming more aware of his surroundings. It's fun to see what each day brings with his development. Earlier tonight, we were watching The Discovery Channel (Who doesn't LOVE Shark Week?!?!) and James kept getting Samuel to smile at his goofy expressions. It was the sweetest thing. This little boy definitely brings insane amounts of joy into this household! (Which helps when we have our moments of grief...)

Speaking of joy, Samuel brought a little bit of joy to one other household last night, too. He had a little Skype date with his Aunt Deb! She blogged about it here. While we have Skyped several times with the grandparents, this was the first time to do it with my sister, Deb. What made it even better was the fact that she has yet to meet him, so this was her first time to "see" him outside of pictures. Such fun times!

Well, since I really should be in bed, that's all I'll say for now...that is, aside from overloading this post with more pictures...

Samuel playing with his toys while decked out in one of Livy's sleepers that we had received as a gift...


You can see how long he has gotten -- newborn onesies are pretty much a thing of the past...


Ready to go on an adventure in his new lightweight stroller...


A good example of where he is size-wise...0-3 month tops, but newborn pants. While the newborn pants are tight around the waist, he apparently has short legs, as he swims in the 0-3 month pants. I suppose those just aren't an option yet...


Lastly, we took Samuel's 8 week chair pictures earlier this afternoon. While doing so, I finally decided to give shooting in RAW another chance and I'm totally sold! I always knew shooting in RAW was better, but for whatever reason, I opted not to -- that mindset has definitely changed!

His close-up...


We were amused by how he kept stretching his pinkie toe out...


I had it on the wrong settings so the lighting is poor, but his facial expressions cracked us up...


Love that boy...


He's looking so chunky...


Well, enough pictures. Lots to do before our trip and a hungry boy to feed later tonight so I'm off to bed. Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. he is so stinking cute!

    LOL baby clothes are horrid! They really are. Certain brands are crazy, some are so HUGE and some so SMALL! I could never put my kids in the onesies you can buy from walmart (not in packages) Its like they are meant for huge fat babies and then you have the gerber onesies that are TEENY. Its definitley a juggle! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has the funniest faces....takes after his dad!!! lol.
    I am so glad you went to the RAW!! i still shoot in JPG when iti s just for fun because I dont have to convert them before posting them to FB or blogs....RAW IS A PAIN WHEN YOU HAVE TO CONVERT 100+ photos. BUT I love shooting all my portraits in RAW....gives more freedom when editing and keeps the integrity of the photo. and the photos themselves come out SOOOOOOO clear!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he really does have some hysterical faces! I love how much bigger he's getting in that chair. and you should do a camera tutorial for us. With RAW versus not pictures and just basic things that you are SO good at! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you and Samuel are both feeling better; that's great :) Those pictures are so cute!

    Hope you guys have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is getting so big! I love his cute expressions. He is so adorable, and I am so glad for all of the joy he has brought your family. He is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading