Thursday, May 26, 2011

Prayers For Joplin...

As everyone is aware, Joplin, MO recently experienced the 8th deadliest tornado in U.S. history. (As stated on the NOAA website.) We immediately took note once we heard about it, as my sister and her family used to live there for several years. Our family has many memories associated with that small town and continue to hear stories about the horrible loss felt by Rachelle and Nathan's friends. What a horrific experience! So many lives lost, homes destroyed, etc.

Immediately following the storm, my sister told me about a YouTube video that showed a firsthand account of a group of people taking shelter during the storm. I still can't get over it...


Can you even imagine? Tornadoes freak me out. I can't imagine being in the middle of an EF-5!

Well, a day or two after the first video was posted, the same guy posted another video to show what was left of their shelter (a gas station). If you ask me, it's a miracle those people are still alive!


I hope that the 1500 still missing are soon found -- hopefully most (if not all) of them simply haven't checked in with authorities yet and are safe! There are definitely many prayers being said for the families affected by that awful storm -- especially those that are still looking for their loved ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading