Saturday, May 14, 2011

Deja Vu...

So as I sit here at a little past 5am, I can't help but flashback to being pregnant with Jake. I woke up with such bad heartburn that after taking near-worthless Tums, I had to resort to trying to sleep on the recliner. Good times. I haven't had it this bad since I was pregnant with Jake in '03, and back then, it was a daily occurrence that was so bad that nothing would help -- I basically had no choice but to camp out on the recliner. It will be interesting to see if it just gets worse as we near the end of the pregnancy. It makes me want one of those beds that recline up and down, ha.

Well, while I'm up and thinking about Samuel...

We had our latest perinatologist appointment yesterday (Friday), and thankfully...it went really well! Samuel was measuring in at 4lbs and my cervix was super long (over 4cm), so they said we shouldn't have to stress going into labor before 35 weeks -- thank goodness! After our little scare, my peri had instructed strict bedrest, but at this point, he's not concerned. I won't be out running a marathon by any means, but I don't have to spend my days laying on my side which will be nice.

While doing the scan, they pointed out that Sam still has his feet at his face with his butt pushing up on my ribcage -- no wonder it constantly hurts right there as he's stretching it out. Dr. Gomez kept commenting on how active Samuel was and that he was glad to see that -- so were we! There was definitely no need to do a kick count last night as he was moving around the entire evening. I can't even begin to explain how comforting that is since our biggest fear is to wake up one day to no movement...

It's hard to believe that we have less than 4 weeks left (hopefully)! Dr. Gomez wants me to have twice-weekly NSTs here locally, as well as another ATL appointment in 2 weeks. That will definitely help time pass, not to mention reassure us even more that Sam might have a chance at surviving. As I sit here and type this out, I am reminded that it has now been 17 months since we said goodbye to our daughter. I can only hope that by Livy's 18 month Angelversary, we'll have a healthy little man in our arms!

Below is a picture we took real quick before heading out for Atlanta yesterday morning. I've been bad at keeping up lately with the weekly photos, so this was about as good as it was going to get for this week (a cell phone shot at 32 weeks)...


Grow, Sam, Grow!

6 comments:

  1. I pray for you, your husband and baby Sam every time I see you post! I'm crossing my fingers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you are having to deal with the evil heartburn! Hopefully it will pass soon. You already know this, but I am so glad that everything went well yesterday and that little Sam is growing and grooving!! Less than 4 weeks...how crazy exciting!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for baby Sam! Keep up the good work, little one. Hang in there with that heartburn, Priscilla. Things will "ease up," soon. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this picture. James' face is priceless. Kinda like "yeah, that's my baby. he's pretty awesome"

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! I am so happy that little Samuel continues to grow and thrive. Just a few more weeks! How exciting and thrilling! <3 I am sending you and Samuel so many prayers and wishes! I hope the heartburn subsides too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy that things are progressing well still! Still praying DAILY, often times a couple times a day, for you and Samuel. Not much longer! :)

    ~Paris

    ReplyDelete

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading