Monday, February 21, 2011

The Snake Pit...

Well, if there's one thing that I can say that I like about this town...it's that it has a hockey team! I absolutely love hockey! I haven't followed it for years, but when I found out that our town has a team, I told James that we should check it out. After saying that for a couple months now, I finally bought tickets last week. Thanks to Groupon, we were able to get a great deal on tickets for this past Sunday's game -- who doesn't love half off?!

Before we left, we let Obadiah out one last time for a bathroom break. Of course, he's no fool and immediately knew that he would soon find himself in the cage for the evening, so he decided to go hide out in the bushes...

The poor basset...


I must admit...I find the team names a bit amusing for the SPHL...

The Cottonmouths vs. The Ice Bears...


Who doesn't love a cute little hockey player? This little guy came out to help introduce the team -- so cute!


Better yet...who doesn't love a good fight? I think that was James' favorite part of the game. He would get all fired up every time a fist was thrown...




Throughout the game, I couldn't help but root for this guy...



Lastly, a picture of us after the 2nd period...


Among the many things that we did over the holiday weekend, the game was definitely a fun little addition. It made me want to break out my skates and go to a public skating session. Granted, I won't be doing any such thing anytime soon -- maybe after Samuel's born, we can go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading