Monday, February 28, 2011

Relieved...

Well, we made it past the milestone of when my water broke with Jake. What a relief! Just like when I was pregnant with Olivia, I could definitely breathe a little easier after that day passed...

With this past weekend marking that time frame in the pregnancy, we didn't do too much. Aside from my first Face2Face gathering on Saturday (which was great, by the way!!!), we mainly just vegged out at home. We set up the fire pit and hung out in the backyard with the basset -- definitely a nice way to spend our weekend!

While we were out there, we made a few more attempts at playing fetch with Oba. Only when we threw his football would he actually (sometimes) bring it back -- the frisbee was still only worthy of tagging before running back. We did that until we wore the basset out, then just enjoyed the peace and quiet while he laid there panting...

Noticing that Oba kept getting up and moving from spot to spot -- I assume he was trying to find a comfortable place to lay (?) -- I asked James (since I try not to lift too much) if he could get Obadiah's bench out from the garage. This bench is one that James' mom gave Oba years ago (around the time that we moved back from Germany) so that he could have his own spot -- yes, he's spoiled. Well, after James brought it out, we put a blanket it on it so Obadiah could relive his days on his thrown rather than on the concrete patio. Much to our surprise, he no longer has ANY interest in it! I got one picture of him on it, but it was totally forced. About 2 minutes after sitting on it, he immediately went back to the pavement. Oh well...at least we tried...

This is Obadiah on his bench back in '06 when he would go out there and sit for hours. I remember sending James this picture when he was in Iraq. He absolutely loved it, commenting on how Obadiah looked like such a little snob...


Fast forward 5 years...


He wasn't very pleased and immediately jumped off once I backed away. I guess the bench is a thing of the past. Sorry, Oma...apparently the concrete is much more comfortable...


I realize that the only pictures loaded were ones of the basset. I guess I need to get better at actually getting some of us. Perhaps that will happen tomorrow after my OB appointment. I'll hopefully have some pictures of Samuel after that visit, too! Here's hoping we get nothing but good news...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading