Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Another day...

...Another encouraging email...

It's amazing what a simple email can do to lift your spirits. To hear the thoughts of a caring friend...It can totally make your day. Thank you for that, and thank you for always being there as an open ear. It really means a lot.

On an unrelated topic...Obadiah visited a house tonight in which he hasn't been to since we had Olivia. The night that I found out Liv's heart had stopped, Obadiah and I stayed at this friend's house. Then during my entire hospital stay, they watched him. He has not been back since then...until tonight. The poor basset did NOT handle it as well as I thought he would. Normally he jumps at the chance for a visit with friends and gets all excited when I tell him he gets to go, but he didn't act like his normal self tonight. I told James about it and he said the poor guy has PTSD. While I laughed, I didn't completely dismiss the joke. The moment we turned down my friend's street, he started FREAKING out -- panting, whining, couldn't sit still in the back of the car, etc. He let me know exactly what he was thinking, that's for sure. Then throughout our visit with this particular friend, he acted a bit off and she noticed it too. We both commented on it, as we noticed him guarding her for most of the night. He followed her around like he was her protector. It was cute, but not exactly how he normally acts. The sweet boy. As much as I'll never forget that awful awful weekend, I suppose he won't either...

The picture below is of Obadiah sitting in guard mode in front of my friend...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading