Monday, April 26, 2010

So true...

After being asked about Liv and our other two babies the other night, this came to mind...

"Knowing that she has been missed, go ahead and mention my child. The one that died. You know, don't worry about hurting me further. The depth of my pain doesn't show. Don't worry about making me cry. I'm already crying inside. Help me to heal by releasing the tears that I try to hide. I'm hurt when you keep silent, pretending she didn't exist. I'd rather you mention my child. You asked me how I was doing. I said "pretty good" or "fine". But healing is something ongoing. I feel it will take a life time..."

That quote is something I read recently by someone who has been in our shoes. People don't seem to get that silence is worse...

1 comment:

  1. thank you for posting this. been thinking about that "ongoing healing" today. . . these words were perfect.

    miss you, pris. hope you're having a grand ol time back east. let's see each other soon.

    ReplyDelete

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading