Friday, April 9, 2010

Pros and cons to this past Easter...

So one good thing came of this past Easter...clearance Peeps. Who can say no to those? Well, ok...James can. He thinks they're disgusting, but I most definitely disagree with that sentiment. I grabbed some yesterday, and can't seem to get my fill. Gotta love those classic Easter treats.

I can't say much else about this past Easter though. Even though the meaning behind that specific day is powerful, it was bittersweet being in church for the special holiday service. Talk about an overload of babies, little children, and lack of childcare. Easter is one of the few days each year when people who don't typically attend church decide to show up, and most choose to have their whole family sit through the service together...which makes for a rough time for people like us. I had the privilege of sitting there listening to a service ironically themed around turning your grief into joy, while having a toddler kick the back of my seat the entire time. Oh, not to mention seeing all the little girls in their Easter dresses. Before Liv even arrived, we had received a cute 3 month sized dress that we had planned on using for Easter. Of course, that came to mind when I saw the various infants around us. Such fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading