Thursday, January 14, 2010

Grocery Shopping...

So, I think Oba and I are going to start making midnight runs to the grocery store, as opposed to shopping at a normal hour. He can sit in the car and bark his head off like he normally does, and act as my little guard dog. That way I can avoid the madness that comes with going when all of the incompetent parents are yelling at their children, those same children are screaming their heads off, and all of the new moms are out with their newborns. Lately, every time I leave to go run errands, it is as if there is a newborn convention going on at the local stores. I'm not quite ready for all of that. In fact, I could probably do without walking past multiple strollers in every isle for awhile. As of today, it's been a month since we said goodbye to Olivia, but it's sure not getting any easier...not yet anyways. Maybe midnight shopping trips will help in some small way...Plus, if I take Oba with me, it completely wears him out. Earlier today, he freaked out when I told him it was time for a nap (an hour stay in the cage), so he became a dead weight and wouldn't move for anything. He just froze in his tracks. Anyone who has experienced this will agree that if Obadiah doesn't want to move, he will NOT move. Well, I wasn't in the mood to play that game, because it results in me having to literally wheel barrel him into the laundry room as he tries his hardest to stand still. As a result, I caved and asked if he wanted to go on a car ride. He immediately changed his attitude and pranced to the laundry room. There he stood, waiting for me to put the leash around his neck, while his tail continually banged against the dryer. He was as happy as can be until we got to the Walmart parking lot and he realized that I was about to ditch him while I ran inside. The whining started, which lead to full on barking, and by the time I got back to the car, the windows were completely fogged over. He had worked himself into a panic, and let the whole world know how mistreated he was. If they only knew the truth. It was definitely worth the torture though, because this is how Oba looked 10 minutes after we got home from that little trip...



That picture says it all. Oba's definitely going to start coming with me on all grocery shopping trips, especially the midnight runs.

1 comment:

  1. i remember going to old navy to pick up a new outfit for zion's funeral and passing so many freaking newborn twins in strollers. i continually felt like "really god, they get TWO?!"...it's hard.

    i like your idea of midnight grocery runs. sounds smart. also, you have the largest basset hounds of all the bassets i have ever seen. and that has been a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading