Sunday, July 9, 2017

Growing Up Too Fast...

So, as I sit here skimming my Facebook On This Day page, I just can't get over how fast my boys are growing up!
I know I probably say it all the time -- time goes by too quickly. But seriously...while at Kohl's picking up the AWESOME Mo Willems stuffed animals and books that are now part of the Kohl's Cares program, Sam decided he wanted to check out the shoes section and look around. I don't mind a little window shopping, so we walked over. I reminded him that he can look, but he doesn't need any new shoes and that we'll wait until school starts to consider buying him a new pair if he needs them. After all...there's just something nice about starting the new school year out with a new pair of shoes...or is that just me? Ok, maybe it's just me. Anyways...either way, he wanted to check out what they had. With his love of shoes at the ripe old age of six, I think we're in for it when he gets to the age of caring about Jordan's and whatever else is $100+ because it has a name attached! Right now, he claims to be an Under Armor man and wants all Under Armor -- he even claimed he needed the UA sandals that they had on display, ha! All that changed on this Kohl's trip when he found a pair of Adidas that he just HAD to have! What 6 year old is that adamant about having a particular new pair of shoes? I told him if he wanted them, he had to use his birthday money, because there's no immediate need. His current shoes work fine and in this heat, he never wears anything but sandals anyways. Without hesitation, he proudly said he was going to buy them with the birthday money his Oma and Opa gave him. He tried them on, got the right size and couldn't wait to walk out with them!

So, this is the part that brings me to why I even bring any of this up...His current pair of UA's are size 2 and seem to fit fine -- last I checked. Well, when we found the right size in Adidas, he landed at a size 3. WHAT?!?! I just can't handle how fast this kid is growing up. Being over 4 ft tall, I suppose it's probably to be expected, but I still can't handle this nonsense. So, he strutted out of there on cloud nine with his new shoes. All the while, I'm walking past the baby/toddler boy clothing section thinking it seems like just yesterday, he was fitting in preemie jammies. Sigh...

Don't mind me...I'll be over here looking at baby Sam pictures on Facebook's On This Day page, ha...



I love that he still sleeps with Ollie and Obie Jr. It's like a little hint of his toddler days...


Now he's huge and way too grown up for me to handle...

He wanted me to take a picture of him with his new shoes before we walked into church earlier tonight, ha!



Speaking of Thunder (Caleb)...He's not helping matters, ha. These popped up on Facebook as well when I was looking at the memories page...



Sigh...My sweet little piggy. He's so excited about starting "school" with brother in the fall and truly thinks he IS Captain America...or the Hulk, depending on his mood, ha.

I love this stage in life -- Sam being an elementary-aged kid and Caleb being a preschooler. Sam's obsession with shoes, Legos, and (now) Star Wars...and Caleb with his love for all things (Marvel) super heroes -- it's so fun!!! Bittersweet, though, for sure. I look back and just can't believe how fast these last 6 years have gone. I spent years feeling like time crawled by as we yearned for a chance to have living kids and now here we are and time just won't slow down. I'm truly thankful, though. I wouldn't have it any other way...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading