Thursday, July 30, 2015

Kindergarten...

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but that sure came out of left field! Today, I was reminded once again of where we should be…celebrating the first day of kindergarten with our baby girl. Upon getting on social media, I was quickly reminded by all the pictures posted by friends who were pregnant with me back in '09 -- all commenting on the bittersweet nature of such a big day. Sigh. I'm happy for all these kids that are SUPER excited about such a big step, but boy does it hurt my heart to think of how that's just one more thing that should be happening at this house, but isn't.

Oh, Olivia. The ache that comes from moments like this, I fear, will never fade. I long for the day when we will hold you in our arms once again. We love you and miss you more than words can describe…

And with that, I'm glad she's not forgotten. During a play date earlier today, the conversation unexpectedly moved in a direction I wasn't expecting it to go -- the story of our three angels, but more specifically, Olivia. I wasn't trying to lead it that way, but I'm glad it happened. It's nice when I'm able to share her story. She may no longer be here with us, but her memory lives on…

Here is the latest picture sent by family of Olivia's grave. Always in our hearts...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading