Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Wonderful Visit With The Grandparents...

I'm very thankful for the fact that even though we live far away from family due to James' job, we're still able to have constant visits with them. For a little over a week, my parents were here and a certain little boy was in HEAVEN. As I'm sure I've mentioned in the past, Samuel and my dad are BFFs. In fact, during this trip, Samuel would run to the guest bedroom yelling, "Da-DAAA, Da-DAAA, Da-DAAA" as he called out for Grandpa Grant. The boy doesn't talk much at all, but he sure loves his Grandpa!

We had a great visit. We hit up the space museum in Alamogordo, NM, as well as White Sands National Monument. Why it took us this long to get up there is beyond me, but I'm glad we finally saw it! The rest of our time together was spent doing projects -- like cutting/sewing Molly Bears inserts and the Pinterest project that I blogged about yesterday -- and spoiling the little man rotten with attention. It was sweet...even my dad got involved in helping with the MB inserts during Samuel's afternoon nap.

As I'm sure it comes as no surprise, we broke out the good camera to get a ton of pictures of Samuel with his grandparents. Here are a few from our time at White Sands, NM. Sadly, they were all taken at the first stop where it's not nearly as beautiful/breath-taking as it is if you continue further into the area. However, by that time, Sam was done and we didn't bother getting the camera out...


Grandpa, slow down! I'm coming!


I couldn't resist...


The sweet boy and his dad...


Love these two. They're so cute!


Samuel always refuses to wear his sunglasses. However, after a little while, he decided he was finally willing to try on his daddy's...


He still wasn't so sure about the idea of covering his eyes, ha...


Total success! Now if only he'd be willing to wear his own on a normal basis. :)


And, of course, a little family shot. That boy is getting SO big!


Fast forward to the day my parents left, my mom asked if I could take a few quick pictures of the three of them one last time. Samuel wasn't exactly in the picture taking mode, so a few of them turned out rather amusing. People frequently tell me how much he communicates through his eyes (instead of talking) -- you can definitely see it in some of the pics, ha. In fact, I was told that again during the speech therapy meeting earlier today. Sweet Sam...you have no issue telling us how you feel with those eye brows...


Looking a little concerned about what Grandma Julie is about to do to him, hahaha.



I've got Grandpa Grant, Grandma Julie, and my (LeapFrog) cell phone -- what more do I need?


Oh, those eyebrows...



Love seeing how much these two adore him...


It's always sad to see them go. Luckily, there's talk about another visit in June when Samuel turns 2. It can't come soon enough for this boy!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, your kid is adorable! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - your kid is adorable. I just love how much he adores his grandpa. So special

    ReplyDelete

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading