Wednesday, September 7, 2011

3 Months Old...

Time is flying by WAY too fast. Seriously, I can't believe it's already Wednesday...let alone, the 7th! The week is already halfway over and it feels like it just started! I feel like we're so behind on things and just as we try to catch up, something else comes up. I can't help but stare at Samuel in shock...shocked that we've had him in our arms for 3 months already. Such a time of joy (intertwined with moments of grief). There have definitely been many moments to remember.

With being 3 months old, Samuel has become quite the little piggy when it comes to his appetite. There is no doubt about who he takes after with this sort of thing! The same goes for his energy level. He's definitely James' son, that's for sure! It's fun though and we get quite a kick out of watching him grow. Lately, his biggest thing is standing on my lap and jumping up and down (with assistance, of course). At times, he'll get so antsy if he's laying down (on his stomach or back) and will then immediately calm down if I help him stand up (I keep him balanced while he does the rest). While this was one of the first times he started doing this (last week before bed), this is his new favorite activity...


Aside from that, we noticed tonight that he is now totally into his mobile above the crib. Until now, he'd stare at it without interest -- maybe a minute max and then look on. However, while we were saying goodnight, he was mesmerized by it tonight. In fact, he became so excited about it that he worked himself up and soon was so wired that there was no hope of sleeping. This second wind is why I'm sitting here typing rather than sleeping in the other room. Before I try to put him back down (without the mobile music playing), here are a few pictures...

Getting some use out of that little robe during bath time...



James wanted to get a picture of Sam on the back of his chair so that we could compare it with the one we took when he first came home. Of course, it didn't work out so well since even when he's asleep, he'd roll right off. So this was the closest we got...


Love my boys...


Lastly, below is what I suppose you could call Samuel's official 3 month portrait. I had a free session/package with Olan Mills (are you surprised?), so we took him in. Being free, I couldn't resist! I'm glad they were able to catch a smile while we were there!

2 comments:

  1. love the robe pics -nothing cuter than bath time baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Samuel...He is so SO cute! He is getting to be such a big boy too. Aww I would love to see video of him jumping. I can just imagine it.
    Time is going by way too quickly. Everyone warned us...but wow, does it have to go THIS fast?
    Also, I like that Oba has to be nearby all the action. Those more neglected puppies of ours. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading