Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Our First Scare...

Well, that was fun. Yesterday consisted of our first scare with our pregnancy with Samuel. I woke up to slight spotting which led me to L&D upon the orders of my doc's office. That, of course, put James in panic mode. I guess I should be grateful that I didn't encounter any scares until after 30 weeks, but I was hoping for none this go around!

After a good two hours of being monitored, they discharged me with the orders of laying low and staying hydrated -- not like I haven't already been doing that! I'm glad that we got to listen to Sam for those two hours though, as it was a little reassuring that he's doing well -- for now anyways. One of the nurses told us that we have a "runner," as Sam kept running away from the monitor. Sweet Sam...he's going to be hyper like his daddy. Upon hearing of Sam's actions, one of my sisters even said, "Uh oh. Are you really ready for a mini-James?" Ha!

Here's to this little guy staying put for another 5 1/2 weeks!

On another note, I must say that aside from our trip to L&D, it was a good day with the news of Bin Laden's demise. It's been a long time coming. I can only hope that the news brought a tiny sense of peace to the victims of 9/11. When we heard the news, we immediately thought of those that we know personally that were greatly affected with the loss of a loved one on 9/11 -- not to mention all of the soldiers lost since then. The fight is not over. There will be someone else that tries to take Bin Laden's place, but at least we got him. I just hope that people don't forget to pray for the continued safety of our troops overseas, as we continue the fight that this man started!

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear little Samuel is doing good (and mom too)! can't wait to see pics in 5-6 weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 1/2 more weeks little samuel!!! we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you and Samuel are okay!! I am cheering him on...not too much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my... so glad you are okay although I'm sure that it was very scary! :( Praying for these next 5 1/2 weeks to go smoothly! hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading