Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2 Week Checkup...

Well, here we are...a week after Livy's funeral. I had my 2 week postpartum checkup with Dr. Herman and was luckily able to attend it with James. It's nice to actually go to the doctor with him by my side, rather than the typical experience of going alone to all of them (even with Jake -- all thanks to the Army). The appointment was mainly to check on my mental status, as he was concerned with the way I handled things at the hospital -- completely stoic. He also talked about his plan of action for any future pregnancies, should we choose to use him as our doctor again. He said he would like to see us try again after 3 months. We both looked at each other and nearly laughed. It's a little hard to be trying for a baby when James is halfway around the world! At least he's optimistic about any future pregnancies though. He basically said that by 34 weeks, he would monitor the baby through multiple NSTs and ultrasounds so that at the first sign of distress, he would induce labor. I guess we'll see what happens when James gets home, and what we decide to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading