Wednesday, October 28, 2015

A Sad Day For My Mac...

So, it looks like my hard drive is giving up. If anyone has been looking for last week's Paw Patrol worksheets, that's why. For about a week now, I've been having issues with this 4 year old iMac and it looks like I might have to replace the hard drive -- makes me so sad! If so, it may be even longer before I create more work sheets since I've have to replace Photoshop and I have no idea what my serial number is to switch it out. Good times.

In the meantime, I have to say, Samuel is proving to pick up much more than I think when it comes to what I try to teach him each day. I'm sure I've said that before, but it's reassuring to see him show off his knowledge. Just when I think he's not paying attention, he surprises me! Sam showed his Opa all sorts of things during his visit that I didn't know he had retained -- writing letters and numbers without any help, telling him different facts, etc. I felt like one of those meme's that describes a teacher being emotional while being proud of her student, ha!

If you want a good laugh, though, you can see what we were up to last week. As part of Samuel's speech class, he receives a game/toy and book each month that is supposed to help with fine motor skills (directly linked with speech). One of my sisters and I have been joking about knocking out our retirement fund by reviewing toys on YouTube since our kids love watching those -- I still think it's odd how long Sam could sit and watch grown adults review kids toys, but hey, they're sitting on a goldmine with the kind of money they're bringing it so I can't blame them! Anyways. So I brought the camera out when Sam started playing with his recent gift from class. Play-doh is such a great tool to use with preschool activities. I'll have him form letters, shapes, numbers, etc. Plus, I think we'll finally be making a volcano tomorrow with some of the homemade play-doh we have. I've been wanting to ever since Sam watched a Bill Nye episode on volcanoes, but now that I finally restocked our vinegar supply, we can actually do it!

So yeah, have a good laugh...or fall asleep...we're not that exciting, ha.


Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things with the PP worksheets soon!

If you would like more information regarding all things homeschooling, printable, and freebies, please click here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
All About Reading